A large Christian village in a conspicuous position, with well-built stone houses. A central tower stands on the top of the hill; on either side olive and fig gardens in the low ground. The view is extensive on either side. A ruined church of St. George exists near, and there are remains of a ruined castle in the village. The inhabitants are Greek Christians.
—Conder and Kitchener (1881). Survey of Western Palestine—
After years of restoration and the refurbishment of the alleys of At-Taiyiba, Riwaq ventured in Augmented Reality technologies to attract attention to the site in specific an to the town in general. Hence, the site of St. George was used as a sound and light projection site, where technology in its highest/latest form meets the Byzantium artifacts thus giving it new meaning and new life.